Thursday, July 7, 2011

Standing

I stood at the gate for I could go no further


Seeing the whiteness of the flowing robes He wore


Hearing the beseeching, pleading and weeping


Then understanding


My Savior kneeling, atoning for my sins


Me simply standing at the gate, watching the greatest act of mankind


What awe inspired moment for mankind and I wept upon the gate




I stood back in the trees watching the approach from the distance


A wagon with a lantern, giving only a glow of the driver and his cargo


In the back laid the Prophet his Brother by his side


Killed that day as a sealing act of his life and works he taught


Feeling the anxiety of the saints for the death of their prophet


I turn my back as the wagon passed and wept for the saints and the loss



I stood atop of a mountain as the wind and the rain beat down


In the dark of the night others ill prepared, to endure such a mountain storm


I pleaded with my Father that for their sake, this storm should pass away


A voice told me to make it so and command the wind and rain


The moon can in to view as the clouds disappeared the sky was clear and bright


I thanked my Father deeply and marveled in the greatness of this world



I stand here now to let you know that such things have happened to me


But understand it is not my faith that have made these such witnesses so


For small like a mustard seed is my faith and trials must still make me grow


But by grace have these gifts been given for strength and as a witness for me


Great things to do and expected of me and I know that this little seed can grow

No comments:

Post a Comment