Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bird

Just off Nicholas Street and down 20th

Two houses on the right of Ohio


Was a home on the right near to my heart


For time seem to stop while I was there




The house wasn’t different than any others


It was brick and mortar and wood


But what made it so dear was those inside


Those that loved me lived in there



I would come through the door


Just as loud as could be


My grandfather giving me that look


Sit here my boy and be still for a while



Yet Grandma would come to the rescue


For she knew I could not last


To the kitchen she’d call


With food waiting there



But those times I sat still


Something wonderful happened


Different than what I had known


A new world was opened and given to me















A world that just we would share


Not to be discovered by others


And not really a place


But a time between he and me



A time to learn and to share


For me to learn of myself


With the stories he shared


Sometimes just a wink and a nod



Time to learn and to help


To do and do right


To be and to share


This was magical for me



Those days have since passed


The place I don’t visit


For time was the essence we shared


Closing my eyes I can see him again


And stop time for while with him


No comments:

Post a Comment