Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Edge

Traveling along such a broad road




Yet having to walk near the edge




Makes one weary and slowly fearful




As you watch the others race round the bend










Fear for your life with each step you take




Not looking behind or ahead




You’ve shifted your eyes for a second once




The cost you found was nearly the end







Why the edge, what put you here




Simply step to the side you say




See how easy it is for them to move




Like they have not a care, as they speed along







Don’t, I yell at the top of my voice




Yet not a soul seems to even break stride




No one’s pushing me here; no one’s bumping me here




Here I move at my own little stride







This fear I have grown comfortable with




It’s mine and I hold it dear




To give in is too hard, to let go, too much, to share is impossible




For I have lived this way most of my life, and now is no time to change

No comments:

Post a Comment