Thursday, July 7, 2011

Life’s Strugglings

There seems to be a balance

A tight rope that we walk


As we learn the things of God


We balance oh so hard




As we get to know more


The rope lowers a bit


Closer to the ground it seem


Sometimes we can straddle it



Then we learn the things we must


With knowledge that can bring us Home


And the tight rope still pulled tight


But just lays there on the ground



At first you wonder what this means


For now you can walk where you chose


No rope is keeping you above the ground


Nor is it holding you in the air



You’ve learn free will from the stories


You know you have a choice


There are great and wonderful things


Out there a world you’ve not yet seen



You can peek at the things


Come right back, whats the harm


You know others who do just that


And say the teachings will protect you



Besides what’s free will, if you can’t use it


But no, it is not this the reason it’s given


To know the evil from the good


Reason tells me it’s the thing to do





So why, why is it so hard to go


The decision seems so clear


There is an entity that holds me here


Just why I do not know



I sit and I ponder the things I heard


And a feeling comes over me


One I have felt as I walk the rope


It’s the love of the Lord I feel here



For I have kept the promises


The covenants I hold true


I hold them dear and close to me


And now the Savior comes



To keep me from the world


And hold me close to him


To protect me and direct me


Just as we covenanted


I wonder some days


How different it would be


If I have walk over that line I knew


And left His hands so safe



But I continue to keep the covenants


And make more as my life progress


I follow the path I was put upon


And feel the Savior’s love


It’s a feeling the one cannot describe


Nor share with one another


But I can help another find that path


Then share in the light of His Love


No comments:

Post a Comment