Friday, July 1, 2011

Title Page

In 2006 I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, an auto immune disease that attacks the lymph nodes. In December 2008 I had to take disability. I was no longer able to perform my job. At that time I was dealing with a difficulty of breathing. Soon after that I had a difficulty remembering and concentrating. I could not recall things I had done or things that had come I had been trained in and had been doing for the last 15 years. At the same time another ting seemed to happen. The other side of my brain seemed to open up. I have never been a fan of poetry nor have I ever done any writing. But I now felt the need.

Feeling started to flow out of me and I need to put them down and share them. This disease and the horrible problems that come with it can be devastating; as with many autoimmune diseases. Poetry became my release; away to express the sorrow, the thanks the helplessness and the joy I felt.

As with all writing I write about poems about what I know, see and feel; some pass, some present, some looking towards the future, and some just about all of it at once. This writing has all come from deep feelings within me and I hope you as the reader will be able to feel as I have; some of the joy, sadness and happiness as I have traveled down this road.

I will continue to post more poetry as I get feelings that drive me to write. Thank you and feel free to comment.

Joseph Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment