Thursday, July 7, 2011

Life and What Waits

At this age I sit in my chair


I watch the world travel by


Seeing others do the things I once did




At any age this is always disheartening


I feel as though I once were


But now what I was I am no longer



Time playing a role in all that happens


Age playing a factor with a lot you can do


But neither time nor age controls all things



Illness can brought me to my knees


Not knowing what to expect or what will be done


Hearing others tell you they do not know what is next



Living a day at a time making the most of all


Knowing the medication is taking its own toll


Smiling most of the time as you meet others along the way



Working all the time to stay positive amid the fears


Cheering other as they come even among the tears


Not letting them know how hard, hurt, scared, all this has become



For you are here to learn and grow


This life is to face the dark and feel the light


To know that once you are finished life eternal waits

No comments:

Post a Comment