Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Father

My Father is a man of words


He taught me in his speech

But sometimes I did not understand



For they were out of reach




We spoke about many things



Things he knew I must change



But these were mostly only words


For meanings they held none




My Father is a man of wisdom



One who taught about knowledge



But as a child I understood this not



Or was it I wanted not to know





I tried to do things my own way



For certainly I could do it too



And so it was with a lot of trial



I got them done, but not well





My Father is a man of faith



This is most important to him



And I tried to follow him in this



But would stumbled often and fall





There were times I disappointed him


The thing I did and did not do


But sons will always act this way

And father just seem to forgive


My Father is very educated

He studies continually

He has always wanted education

To be engrained in me


But book learning came hard for me

I need to take things apart

I proved it once one day

When I took apart his tools


My Father is a hard working man

He finds great joy in work

I got to share this with him once

And learned about that joy


Those days we shared did not last long

But I treasure them looking back

We had our little quarrels

But that just made us closer


My Father is a loving man

I see it, hear it and watch it

I have been privy to many things

Things other may not know


That action he’s done

The things he’s said

Are not important now

But know this,


This Man I call Father

Has a place in my heart

Has my undying love

And will always be my Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment